ABILENE, Texas - KTXS got a chance to speak with the new 7th Bomb Wing Commander at Dyess Air Force Base.
Col. Bob Starr is a B-1 pilot and a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy.
He's done tours at Dyess before, his last as commander of the 7th Operations Support Squadron in 2009.
He said the biggest difference at Dyess between his very first tour and now is the "constant state of combat" as a result of 9-11.
Starr also talked extensively about the current B-1 upgrades.
"It vastly increases the quality and volume of information that the B-1 aviators have at their fingertips," he said. "And on this current battlefield, as well as any other future battlefield, the warrior with the best information wins."
Starr also commented on how supportive the community is to Dyess, saying that Abilene's support is "legendary."
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire