ABILENE, Texas - KTXS got a chance to speak with the new 7th Bomb Wing Commander at Dyess Air Force Base.
Col. Bob Starr is a B-1 pilot and a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy.
He's done tours at Dyess before, his last as commander of the 7th Operations Support Squadron in 2009.
He said the biggest difference at Dyess between his very first tour and now is the "constant state of combat" as a result of 9-11.
Starr also talked extensively about the current B-1 upgrades.
"It vastly increases the quality and volume of information that the B-1 aviators have at their fingertips," he said. "And on this current battlefield, as well as any other future battlefield, the warrior with the best information wins."
Starr also commented on how supportive the community is to Dyess, saying that Abilene's support is "legendary."
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide