ABILENE, Texas - If you are looking for some more entertainment options in downtown Abilene, you are in luck!
‘The Majestic' downtown is gearing up for a big launch party on November 1.
Construction on the new 'Neon Parrot Lounge' will start in the next couple weeks
Andrea Robison, owner of The Majestic, is excited for what The Majestic has to offer.
"We were looking for a place to really bring something to the community, in terms of a live performance venue, and we really wanted it to be downtown, there are some neat and exciting things happening downtown and we wanted to be apart of that," said Robison.
Robison is excited for what The Majestic could bring to downtown Abilene.
"I think that having an active downtown really brings something to a community, to be able to say even if you don't know what our calendar is, or what our schedule is, to be able to say lets go downtown and see what's happening at the Majestic," said Robison.
The new space will be used as a live entertainment venue featuring live bands and will continue to host events such as graduations, wedding receptions, birthday parties and much more.
The downtown building dates back to 1885. It used to be a bank, then a grocery store, and in 1908, it became Abilene's first moving pictures house.
If you want more information on The Majestic, you can visit their website here.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend