ABILENE, Texas - The old playground at Red Bud Park is being replaced with new and improved equipment.
The city of Abilene Parks Division started taking out the existing playground on March 24. So if you plan on taking your children to the playground at Red Bud Park, you'll just have to wait. But the inconvenience will be worth it.
"We feel it will be a worthwhile investment," said James Childers, the city's director of community services.
If you find yourself at Red Bud Park, stop by the playground and take a look at the progress. You might be amazed at what you see.
"If they go out to the location, we have a permanent sign that shows the rendering of the playground," Childers said. "It will give you a sense of what to expect."
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend