ABILENE, Texas - The new playground at Red Bud Park is just about finished.
Crews are still working on some finishing touches. The section for kids 5 and up is scheduled to open Friday, but there is a little delay on the toddler area for 2 to 5 year olds.
The city is waiting on some last parts to come in, so crews are hoping to have that part done next week sometime.
City crews started work on the new playground in March.
Total cost is $180,000.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring