ABILENE, Texas - The new playground at Red Bud Park is just about finished.
Crews are still working on some finishing touches. The section for kids 5 and up is scheduled to open Friday, but there is a little delay on the toddler area for 2 to 5 year olds.
The city is waiting on some last parts to come in, so crews are hoping to have that part done next week sometime.
City crews started work on the new playground in March.
Total cost is $180,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated