ABILENE, Texas - The new playground at Red Bud Park is just about finished.
Crews are still working on some finishing touches. The section for kids 5 and up is scheduled to open Friday, but there is a little delay on the toddler area for 2 to 5 year olds.
The city is waiting on some last parts to come in, so crews are hoping to have that part done next week sometime.
City crews started work on the new playground in March.
Total cost is $180,000.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking