ABILENE, Texas - If you're a fan of hot sub sandwiches, you're in luck. Firehouse Subs is coming to south Abilene.
A permit filed with the city of Abilene in January shows national restaurant chain, Firehouse Subs, will be built at 3858 Ridgemont Drive, near Target.
According to the Firehouse Subs Facebook page, the restaurant was founded by former firefighter brothers in 1994.
The restaurant specializes in hot subs and offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with a firefighter theme.
No word yet on when the restaurant is expected to open.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated