ABILENE, Texas - If you're a fan of hot sub sandwiches, you're in luck. Firehouse Subs is coming to south Abilene.
A permit filed with the city of Abilene in January shows national restaurant chain, Firehouse Subs, will be built at 3858 Ridgemont Drive, near Target.
According to the Firehouse Subs Facebook page, the restaurant was founded by former firefighter brothers in 1994.
The restaurant specializes in hot subs and offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with a firefighter theme.
No word yet on when the restaurant is expected to open.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen