ABILENE, Texas - Day 1 of new Taylor County Sheriff Ricky Bishop's first term in office resulted in a flurry of personnel announcements.
According to a sheriff's office release, Bishop made the following changes:
*- Lt. David Doherty was promoted to the position of Chief Deputy. He had been the lieutenant over the Patrol Division, prior to the new appointment.
*- Lt. David Atkins was moved to Patrol Division lieutenant. He will continue to serve as the lieutenant over training. Atkins had been the lieutenant over the divisions of Civil, Courthouse Security, Extraditions, Training, Transportation & Warrants.
*- Sgt. John Cummins was promoted to lieutenant over the Civil, Courthouse Security, Extraditions and Transportation Divisions. He previously served as sergeant over Civil, Extraditions and Transportation.
*- CID Investigator Angel Gonzalez was promoted to lieutenant, and will serve as one of two lieutenants at the Detention Center.
*- Sgt. Tommy Stoneham will serve as sergeant over Civil, Extraditions and Transportation. He was previously assigned as a sergeant on the Patrol Division's day shift. A successor has not yet been named to fill Stoneham's prior position.
In addition, Bishop announced Lt. Brad Birchum will continue to be over the Criminal Investigations Division and Narcotics Division.
Sergeants Bailey, Castillo, Griffis, Guerra, Henderson, Levario, McLain, and Wuorinen will retain the same positions within their respective divisions.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer