ABILENE, Texas - As of Friday, no arrests have been made in connection to $1.6 million in marijuana found in a rental car traveling down Interstate 20 through Abilene early Christmas morning.
KTXS reached out to Abilene police for an update on the case. Police said the 48-year-old female driver, who had medical complications due to methamphetamine abuse and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, was never in police custody. They said they cannot comment on the duration of her stay at the hospital she was treated at.
APD said the Dept. of Homeland Security will prosecute the case and, since it is an ongoing investigation, more details cannot be disclosed at this time.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck