ABILENE, Texas - As of Friday, no arrests have been made in connection to $1.6 million in marijuana found in a rental car traveling down Interstate 20 through Abilene early Christmas morning.
KTXS reached out to Abilene police for an update on the case. Police said the 48-year-old female driver, who had medical complications due to methamphetamine abuse and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, was never in police custody. They said they cannot comment on the duration of her stay at the hospital she was treated at.
APD said the Dept. of Homeland Security will prosecute the case and, since it is an ongoing investigation, more details cannot be disclosed at this time.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills