ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday morning the Noah Project dedicated their new building.
Abilene City Councilman Robert Briley presented the mayoral proclamation that October is Domestic Violence Awareness month in Abilene.
Since moving into their new facility on June 21st, Noah Project workers say they've seen a big increase in the number of people they are serving. At the old facility they were serving on average 28 people a day and at the new one they are serving about 54.
Their new facility, located at 5802 Texas Avenue, was dedicated to victims of family violence today.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated