ABILENE, Texas - A fire at North 10th and Treadaway burned a vacant home on Halloween night.
At 8:01 p.m. the Abilene Fire Department was called to the scene of a vacant, white home. Firefighters reported seeing flames and smoke when they got there. The 900 block of Treadaway was closed to through traffic for almost an hour.
It's unknown how extensive the damage was, but much of the structure seemed intact.
Fire officials tell KTXS they are actively investigating the cause of the fire.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident