ABILENE, Texas - A fire at North 10th and Treadaway burned a vacant home on Halloween night.
At 8:01 p.m. the Abilene Fire Department was called to the scene of a vacant, white home. Firefighters reported seeing flames and smoke when they got there. The 900 block of Treadaway was closed to through traffic for almost an hour.
It's unknown how extensive the damage was, but much of the structure seemed intact.
Fire officials tell KTXS they are actively investigating the cause of the fire.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting