ABILENE, Texas - A man is in custody after allegedly stabbing two men, killing one and sending another to Hendrick Medical Center.
According to Abilene Police, there was an altercation at a home in the 1000 block of Beech Street around 11:25 p.m. Thursday.
Abilene Police arrived on scene to find two men with stab wounds. Natosh Boyd, 38, was transported and pronounced dead at Hendrick Medical Center. The other victim is a 20-year-old male that police said is Boyd's son. Police are not releasing his name at this time but said Friday he is still being treated but is in good condition.
Natosh Boyd's body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office for an autopsy.
Demarko Brown was captured by the patrol division of the APD five blocks away from the crime scene. Police said the 21-year-old was attempting to flee the scene. He is now in custody at the Taylor County Jail. Brown is charged with murder and aggravated assault, according to police. His bond has been set at $400,000.
"This is a pretty violent crime scene," Sergeant Lynn Beard with the Abilene Police Department said. "It's gonna take us awhile to sort through it and get all the evidence gathered."
Sgt. Beard said police have not yet determined a motive and are still investigating.
Alvaro De la Paz, who lives across the street from where the stabbing happened, called 911 when he stumbled upon the grisly scene.
"Right now we don't know if it's safe or not anymore," he said when he spoke about his neighborhood.
De la Paz said he is shocked such violence occurred so close to home.
"You would hear on the news of other places where something like that happened," he said. "But you never imagine it happen here in your own neighborhood. Especially when this neighborhood is nothing but families."
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer