ABILENE, Texas - An accident involving an off-duty Abilene police officer occurred Thursday morning on East Highway 80 and T & P Lane.
According to police, Officer Mike Ricker was taking his motorcycle in for maintenance at a radio shop. He was traveling north bound when a dog struck his motorcycle.
Police said Ricker was wearing a helmet, but was transported to Hendrick Medical Center, treated for minor injuries and released Thursday afternoon.
According to investigators, the dog was a male pit bull-mix and received minor injuries. He was believed to be a stray and was taken in by Animal Services.
The motorcycle had nominal damage.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting