ABILENE, Texas - A lit cigarette on the front porch started a house fire just before noon Sunday.
The Abilene Fire Department responded to a fire in the 5100 block of Congress Street.
Neighbors called 911 and entered the backyard to alert home owners that the front porch was fully engulfed in flames.
Everyone inside the home made it out safely. The Red Cross is helping the family.
Officials said the fire was accidental.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations