ABILENE, Texas - A lit cigarette on the front porch started a house fire just before noon Sunday.
The Abilene Fire Department responded to a fire in the 5100 block of Congress Street.
Neighbors called 911 and entered the backyard to alert home owners that the front porch was fully engulfed in flames.
Everyone inside the home made it out safely. The Red Cross is helping the family.
Officials said the fire was accidental.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking