ABILENE, Texas - The old Walmart property on Judge Ely is under consideration right now for a zoning change to make way for storage and residential housing.
Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission will meet Tuesday to review the 24.11 acre property at 465 N. Judge Ely Blvd.
According to the agenda, the commission will look at whether to allow for self-storage warehousing in the building, as well as residential homes on the property.
Signs on the property show it's been under contract for the past couple of months. No word from the realtor on when that sale may close.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations