ABILENE, Texas - The old Walmart property on Judge Ely is under consideration right now for a zoning change to make way for storage and residential housing.
Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission will meet Tuesday to review the 24.11 acre property at 465 N. Judge Ely Blvd.
According to the agenda, the commission will look at whether to allow for self-storage warehousing in the building, as well as residential homes on the property.
Signs on the property show it's been under contract for the past couple of months. No word from the realtor on when that sale may close.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS