ABILENE, Texas - The old Walmart property on Judge Ely is under consideration right now for a zoning change to make way for storage and residential housing.
Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission will meet Tuesday to review the 24.11 acre property at 465 N. Judge Ely Blvd.
According to the agenda, the commission will look at whether to allow for self-storage warehousing in the building, as well as residential homes on the property.
Signs on the property show it's been under contract for the past couple of months. No word from the realtor on when that sale may close.
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive