ABILENE, Texas - The old Walmart property on Judge Ely is under consideration right now for a zoning change to make way for storage and residential housing.
Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission will meet Tuesday to review the 24.11 acre property at 465 N. Judge Ely Blvd.
According to the agenda, the commission will look at whether to allow for self-storage warehousing in the building, as well as residential homes on the property.
Signs on the property show it's been under contract for the past couple of months. No word from the realtor on when that sale may close.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week