ABILENE, Texas - Terry Davis from the Love and Care Ministries visited KTXS This Morning Friday and discussed the upcoming Mission: Thanksgiving event.
Mission: Thanksgiving will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 16 at Arrow Ford at 4001 South 1st Street in Abilene.
KTXS has been a long time supporter of Mission: Thanksgiving, which works with Love and Care Ministries to provide clothing for the poor and homeless in the Abilene area around the holidays. Arrow Ford first partnered with Love and Care Ministries in 1999 for the first Mission: Thanksgiving.
During Mission: Thanksgiving 2011, 14 semi-trailers full of clothing, non-perishable foods, blankets, sleeping bags, coats, bottled water, drinks, shoes, socks, and hygiene items were collected. Over $140,000 was raised, and over 5,5000 vehicles drove through the Arrow Ford dealership.
In past years, Mission: Thanksgiving has helped provide monetary donations to make a new soup kitchen and helped fund a new Dental Clinic and a Mobile Medical Unit.
For more information, visit: http://www.missionthanksgiving.com/
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide