ABILENE, Texas - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is now investigating the death of a Coleman man who died after being hit by an Abilene garbage truck.
Max D. Mitchell of Coleman died after being hit by that garbage truck that was backing up on Thursday, December 12 around 10:40 in the morning.
A Department of Labor spokesman for this region confirmed they are investigating the incident. They could give no additional information since the investigation is ongoing.
It is standard operating procedure for OSHA to investigate workplace deaths.
After being on paid leave, the truck driver is expected to be back on the job Thursday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated