ABILENE, Texas - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is now investigating the death of a Coleman man who died after being hit by an Abilene garbage truck.
Max D. Mitchell of Coleman died after being hit by that garbage truck that was backing up on Thursday, December 12 around 10:40 in the morning.
A Department of Labor spokesman for this region confirmed they are investigating the incident. They could give no additional information since the investigation is ongoing.
It is standard operating procedure for OSHA to investigate workplace deaths.
After being on paid leave, the truck driver is expected to be back on the job Thursday.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't