ABILENE, TX - KTXS learned that the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration or OSHA is investigating the Smith Pipe fatal accident that killed employee Thomas Blaine Stewart.
Stewart was killed when a tank being loaded onto a truck slid off and struck him. Smith Pipe received a total of 45 OSHA citations since 2010, according to the OSHA website.
The citations included exposing workers to electrical, compressed gas and amputation hazards. 11 of those were dropped and others were reduced to "serious" violations.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated