ABILENE, Texas - The fourth annual Outlaws & Legends music festival is set to be bigger than ever this year.
The fest will begin Friday and end Sunday at the Back Porch of Texas, which is north of Interstate 20 and just off of Hwy 83/277 at 3350 N. Clack St.
The event, which will benefit Ben Richey Boys Ranch, will feature artists such as Robert Earl Keen, Leon Russell, Mark Powell & Lariat, Cooder Graw, Jason Boland, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Gary P. Nunn, Billy Joe Shaver, Jamie Richards, Mike McClure, The Damn Quails, Tommy Alverson, Jerrod Medulla and Bracken Hale.
According to the Outlaws & Legends website, the fest has averaged more than 5,500 fans in the past, but event officials are expecting more attendees this year.
Tickets can be purchased at Firehouse Fitness, Lytle Land & Cattle, Kooler Liquor, Sharon's Barbecue Catering, and WestGo & Chillerz convenience stores for $45. Military and students can purchase tickets for $35 with valid ID.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend