ABILENE, Texas - Officials are investigating an overnight fire that damaged a house in South Abilene.
The call came in around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Scanner reports said there were flames showing from the house in the 1800 block of South 13th Street.
Abilene Firefighters had to force their way into the home. They believe the home is vacant, but as of Wednesday morning had not confirmed that.
The fire was mostly contained to the outside of the house.
Fire crews were forced to cut into the roof to make sure the fire was completely out.
There were no reported injuries.
The cause is still being investigated.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot