ABILENE, Texas - Officials are investigating an overnight fire that damaged a house in South Abilene.
The call came in around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Scanner reports said there were flames showing from the house in the 1800 block of South 13th Street.
Abilene Firefighters had to force their way into the home. They believe the home is vacant, but as of Wednesday morning had not confirmed that.
The fire was mostly contained to the outside of the house.
Fire crews were forced to cut into the roof to make sure the fire was completely out.
There were no reported injuries.
The cause is still being investigated.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated