ABILENE, Texas - Officials are investigating an overnight fire that damaged a house in South Abilene.
The call came in around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday. Scanner reports said there were flames showing from the house in the 1800 block of South 13th Street.
Abilene Firefighters had to force their way into the home. They believe the home is vacant, but as of Wednesday morning had not confirmed that.
The fire was mostly contained to the outside of the house.
Fire crews were forced to cut into the roof to make sure the fire was completely out.
There were no reported injuries.
The cause is still being investigated.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy