ABILENE, Texas - The city's Planning and Zoning Commission on Monday denied a landowner's request to rezone their north Abilene property for a nursing home.
The property is located at the north end of Campus Court and Garfield Avenue near the Abilene Christian University campus.
The commission voted 3-2 to reject the request after several neighborhood residents raised concerns about having a facility of that kind in their area, pointing mainly to the increased traffic flow.
If the property owners appeal, the measure will then go to the Abilene City Council. The owners have 10 days to file an appeal.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017