ABILENE, Texas - Learning about asthma may not sound like the most fun way to spend a Saturday, but it gets much better when a carnival is involved.
The Asthma Education Program at Hendrick Medical Center teamed up with Kohl's Department Store today for a free carnival to educate parents and kids about living with asthma.
There were inflatables, games, food and free asthma screenings.
"We want to make sure that parents understand this disease is completely controllable and that their children can live healthy active lives they just need to learn how to control their symptoms," said Susan McQuade, an asthma educator.
The event was made possible by donations made to Hendrick Pulmonary Rehabilitation through the "Kohl's Cares" merchandise program.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash