ABILENE, Texas - A driver who stopped his vehicle along Loop 322 Thursday evening to search for something he had dropped out of the window is lucky to be safe after his car was struck by a distracted driver.
The accident happened just after 6 p.m. in the westbound lane of the loop near Maple Street.
The driver of a black VW told police he was blinded by the sun in his eyes when he ran into the parked car. His VW then ended up on its side.
No one was injured, but the VW driver was cited for failure to yield.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth