Paroled murderer Wayne East is back in jail.
East was arrested by Glenn Heights police for a parole violation on Saturday, the Dallas Morning News said.
Wednesday, they added a charge of indecency with a child.
East was convicted of the 1981 murder of Abilene woman and local artist Mary Eula Sears.
He received a death sentence but a federal appeals court changed that to life in prison.
Last year, East was released from prison on parole, but after an outcry from the Abilene community, he was barred from returning to Taylor County. He was re-located to the Dallas-Fort Worth community of Glenn Heights.
Now East is in jail facing charges of indecency with child.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9