ABILENE, Texas - The 17th annual Pearl Harbor Remembrance was held Saturday in Abilene.
People gathered at the Big Country Squadron at Elmdale Airpark to honor survivors of the attack and to remember those whose lives were lost.
The event included a first person account from one of the last living survivors, John Roddy.
He was aboard the USS Tennessee on December 7, 1941.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend