ABILENE, Texas - The spookiest night of the year was filled with scary costumes and lots of candy. People in Abilene celebrated Halloween in many different ways.
The seniors at Wesley Court say you're never too old to dress up and have fun. Thursday afternoon residents at the facility put on costumes and got down in a lip-syncing competition, but they weren't the only ones singing Halloween's praises.
Across town at New Hope Church the Family Fun Fair catered to characters of all types. There was a petting zoo, car smash and a dunk tank.
As the day wore on, the zombies, princesses and ghosts filled the sidewalks on Sayles Blvd.
"We were going to be wizard of oz, but we didn't have the money for wizard of oz, so we decided to be a crayon family," one trick-or-treater said about her costume choice.
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton to describe nation's 'moment of reckoning'
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance