ABILENE, Texas - The spookiest night of the year was filled with scary costumes and lots of candy. People in Abilene celebrated Halloween in many different ways.
The seniors at Wesley Court say you're never too old to dress up and have fun. Thursday afternoon residents at the facility put on costumes and got down in a lip-syncing competition, but they weren't the only ones singing Halloween's praises.
Across town at New Hope Church the Family Fun Fair catered to characters of all types. There was a petting zoo, car smash and a dunk tank.
As the day wore on, the zombies, princesses and ghosts filled the sidewalks on Sayles Blvd.
"We were going to be wizard of oz, but we didn't have the money for wizard of oz, so we decided to be a crayon family," one trick-or-treater said about her costume choice.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances