ABILENE, Texas - Efforts by Rescue the Animals and their Salvation Adoption sale netted some big results.
Spokesmen for Rescue say 181 dogs and cats were adopted at the two day event. Almost 300 dogs were microchipped for $5.
Rescue the Animals says the Salvation Adoption sale is still ongoing, with discounts offered on animals adopted at the shelter through October 31.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth