ABILENE, Texas - A retirement reception was held Thursday afternoon for outgoing Taylor County Chief Appraiser Richard Petree.
Petree, 66, is stepping down at the end of the year. He was first elected tax assessor/collector in 1976.
Dozens of friends showed up at the reception at the Taylor County Central Appraisal District office.
Gary Earnest will take over that job January 1.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued