ABILENE, Texas - The Better Business Bureau has issued a warning about a new phone scam going around Abilene.
They are receiving reports from people saying they are getting phone calls from scammers claiming that they are from a law enforcement agency and that there is a warrant for their arrest.
According to reports, the scammers say that if the individual makes a payment via Green Dot money card or Western Union there will be a "hold" on their arrest.
The BBB recommends these following tips if you receive this phone call:
Hang up your phone, don't talk to them any longer than necessary.
Never give out any of your personal information.
Finally, remember that law enforcement will never ask for payment over the phone. Any fines or fees will be paid in court.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017