ABILENE, Texas - A photo from surveillance video inside a Shell convenience store in Laredo apparently shows missing Abilene man Brendan John Boyd.
The still footage was taken at approximately 9:15 p.m. Dec. 25.
Boyd, a 24-year-old graduate of Hardin-Simmons University, was reported missing on Dec. 29 after failing to show up for work in College Station on Dec. 27.
Family and friends say Boyd was working and living in the College Station area but sent a text message to friends saying he was heading home to Abilene for the holidays. That was Christmas Day.
Albert Escobedo, a spokesman for the Laredo Police Department, confirmed Boyd left his 2007 Mustang running while he went into the convenience store.
Escobedo said the next step is to try to get bridge surveillance footage to determine if Boyd crossed into Mexico. He said that will be tricky and time consuming and that there's no information to suggest Boyd left his vehicle and got into another one.
Escobedo couldn't speculate whether Boyd's in danger, but did say it appears that he is not under any duress in the surveillance picture.
Meanwhile, authorities are going to do forensics testing of Boyd's abandoned 2007 Mustang, according to the wrecking company that impounded the vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned Monday in Laredo, a city of 236,000 located near the United States-Mexican border.
A Martinez Wrecker Services employee said authorities were coming out to do forensics testing on the vehicle, but would not comment on when.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday