ABILENE, Texas - An American Airlines flight traveling from the Metroplex to Midland had to make an unexpected stop in Abilene Friday night.
The plane was carrying 40 people when it was forced to make an emergency landing at the Abilene Regional Airport around 11 p.m. Friday.
A spokesperson for the airline says the plane was having mechanical issues, but couldn't release more information.
The plane made a safe landing and nobody was hurt.
The passengers were put on a different flight and left Abilene Regional around 7:30 Saturday morning.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account