ABILENE, Texas - Monday, the Planning and Zoning Commission met to discuss and vote on a proposal to revamp the current sign ordinance.
More than 100 people showed up to argue against parts of the current proposal which mainly addresses portable signs, banners and streamers.
The Planning and Zoning Commission decided to table the issue and work on finishing the last two sections of the proposal concerning pole signs and non-conforming signs before voting on it and sending it to City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will have its next meeting on the sign ordinance November 19th.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital