ABILENE, Texas - Monday, the Planning and Zoning Commission met to discuss and vote on a proposal to revamp the current sign ordinance.
More than 100 people showed up to argue against parts of the current proposal which mainly addresses portable signs, banners and streamers.
The Planning and Zoning Commission decided to table the issue and work on finishing the last two sections of the proposal concerning pole signs and non-conforming signs before voting on it and sending it to City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will have its next meeting on the sign ordinance November 19th.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range