ABILENE, Texas - Monday, the Planning and Zoning Commission met to discuss and vote on a proposal to revamp the current sign ordinance.
More than 100 people showed up to argue against parts of the current proposal which mainly addresses portable signs, banners and streamers.
The Planning and Zoning Commission decided to table the issue and work on finishing the last two sections of the proposal concerning pole signs and non-conforming signs before voting on it and sending it to City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will have its next meeting on the sign ordinance November 19th.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week