ABILENE, Texas - A 41-year-old Abilene man has died from injuries he sustained when his truck hit a light pole Tuesday morning in north Abilene.
Police said the man, Matthew Wright, was exiting the parking lot of United Supermarket in a 1999 blue GMC pickup at Judge Ely Boulevard and EN North 10th streets about 10 a.m.. He was going southbound in the northbound lane of North Judge Ely.
Police said Wright ran up on the curb and hit the light pole on the northeast corner of EN North 10th and Judge Ely Boulevard. The truck had extensive damage from the impact.
Witnesses observed the man having a possible medical episode before the crash, police said. The Abilene Fire Department extricated Wright from his truck.
Police said Wright was transported to Hendrick Medical Center, where he died shortly after from his injuries. He was pronounced dead by Justice of the Peace Sparky Dean at 12:03 p.m. Tuesday.
Police said alcohol is not a factor in the accident. Abilene Police are continuing to investigate the crash.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017