ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted outside Mi Barrio Tejano on Saturday night.
According to Abilene police, Fidel Reyes, 70, was waiting to pick up friends from the bar just after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Reyes reported two males approached him while he waited. One punched him in the face. When Reyes tried to defend himself, a second man allegedly hit him with an unknown object.
During the fight, one of the suspects reportedly stole Reyes's wallet.
Reyes lost consciousness because of the attack. He was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with a cut on the back of the head and swelling next to his left eye. He was listed as stable.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth