ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted outside Mi Barrio Tejano on Saturday night.
According to Abilene police, Fidel Reyes, 70, was waiting to pick up friends from the bar just after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Reyes reported two males approached him while he waited. One punched him in the face. When Reyes tried to defend himself, a second man allegedly hit him with an unknown object.
During the fight, one of the suspects reportedly stole Reyes's wallet.
Reyes lost consciousness because of the attack. He was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with a cut on the back of the head and swelling next to his left eye. He was listed as stable.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck