ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted outside Mi Barrio Tejano on Saturday night.
According to Abilene police, Fidel Reyes, 70, was waiting to pick up friends from the bar just after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Reyes reported two males approached him while he waited. One punched him in the face. When Reyes tried to defend himself, a second man allegedly hit him with an unknown object.
During the fight, one of the suspects reportedly stole Reyes's wallet.
Reyes lost consciousness because of the attack. He was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with a cut on the back of the head and swelling next to his left eye. He was listed as stable.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash