ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was taken to the hospital after allegedly being assaulted outside Mi Barrio Tejano on Saturday night.
According to Abilene police, Fidel Reyes, 70, was waiting to pick up friends from the bar just after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Reyes reported two males approached him while he waited. One punched him in the face. When Reyes tried to defend himself, a second man allegedly hit him with an unknown object.
During the fight, one of the suspects reportedly stole Reyes's wallet.
Reyes lost consciousness because of the attack. He was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with a cut on the back of the head and swelling next to his left eye. He was listed as stable.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims