ABILENE, Texas - Police aren't releasing the name of a man who was naked when he appeared at an Abilene drive-in restaurant and then a service station Tuesday night before police were finally able to arrest him.
Authorities say it isn't clear if the man was under the influence of an illicit substance and that they are continuing to investigate whether a crime was committed.
Multiple officers were reportedly needed to subdue the man near the Shell service station at South 1st Street and Sayles Boulevard about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was first reported being spotted at the Sonic restaurant on Grape Street.
An ambulance wasn't able to respond quickly enough, so police loaded the man in a patrol car and raced off to Hendrick Medical Center.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range