ABILENE, Texas - Police aren't releasing the name of a man who was naked when he appeared at an Abilene drive-in restaurant and then a service station Tuesday night before police were finally able to arrest him.
Authorities say it isn't clear if the man was under the influence of an illicit substance and that they are continuing to investigate whether a crime was committed.
Multiple officers were reportedly needed to subdue the man near the Shell service station at South 1st Street and Sayles Boulevard about 8:15 p.m. Tuesday. He was first reported being spotted at the Sonic restaurant on Grape Street.
An ambulance wasn't able to respond quickly enough, so police loaded the man in a patrol car and raced off to Hendrick Medical Center.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic