ABILENE, Texas - Police have now identified a 19-year-old man arrested after a fight broke out Wednesday – injuring at least three – outside El Chico restaurant in the Mall of Abilene.
Aaron M. Green, of Abilene, was booked into Taylor County Jail for felony assault on a public servant, misdemeanor public intoxication and misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Two mall security guards tried to break the fight up and were injured – not seriously.
According to Abilene police, emergency personnel responded to a call about 8:40 p.m. Wednesday that a "male subject" was fighting with Mall of Abilene security.
Green reportedly got into a fight with mall security after being involved in the disturbance at the mall and refusing to leave.
According to APD, Green punched one of the security guards two times in the chest and a second security guard in the face.
Green then was taken into custody by mall security.
The APD release said when its officers arrived Green was "being extremely loud causing a breach of the peace and was doing this while small children were present. Another report characterized the subject's language as explicit."
Green, according to the release, was "intoxicated and had the odor of alcohol coming from his person."
The 19-year-old was taken to an Abilene hospital, where he was evaluated and released.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit