ABILENE, Texas - Police have now identified a 19-year-old man arrested after a fight broke out Wednesday – injuring at least three – outside El Chico restaurant in the Mall of Abilene.
Aaron M. Green, of Abilene, was booked into Taylor County Jail for felony assault on a public servant, misdemeanor public intoxication and misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Two mall security guards tried to break the fight up and were injured – not seriously.
According to Abilene police, emergency personnel responded to a call about 8:40 p.m. Wednesday that a "male subject" was fighting with Mall of Abilene security.
Green reportedly got into a fight with mall security after being involved in the disturbance at the mall and refusing to leave.
According to APD, Green punched one of the security guards two times in the chest and a second security guard in the face.
Green then was taken into custody by mall security.
The APD release said when its officers arrived Green was "being extremely loud causing a breach of the peace and was doing this while small children were present. Another report characterized the subject's language as explicit."
Green, according to the release, was "intoxicated and had the odor of alcohol coming from his person."
The 19-year-old was taken to an Abilene hospital, where he was evaluated and released.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances