ABILENE, Texas - Police have identified the motorcyclist killed Wednesday in an accident on South Treadaway near the Loop 322 overpass.
Diego Olvera Barajas, 20, of Abilene, was riding his 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 when he was speeding and crashed, police said in a news release.
The preliminary investigation shows Barajas didn't navigate the curve and the bike fell on its right side and slid until it hit the guardrail. Barajas fell off of his bike and also hit the guardrail, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Mike McAuliffe.
According to police, Barajas wasn't wearing a helmet at the time and alcohol isn't believed to be a factor.
The accident occurred about 7:55 p.m. Wednesday.
A 20-year-old motorcyclist is dead after an accident on South Treadaway Boulevard near the Loop 322 overpass.
Abilene police say the biker was trying to exit onto Treadaway Boulevard when he apparently lost control and struck the guardrail.
The bike ended up in the ditch beside the road.
Police said the victim was the only person on the bike and wasn't wearing a helmet.
The name of the motorcyclist wasn't immediately available.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic