ABILENE, Texas - Police have identified the motorcyclist killed Wednesday in an accident on South Treadaway near the Loop 322 overpass.
Diego Olvera Barajas, 20, of Abilene, was riding his 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 when he was speeding and crashed, police said in a news release.
The preliminary investigation shows Barajas didn't navigate the curve and the bike fell on its right side and slid until it hit the guardrail. Barajas fell off of his bike and also hit the guardrail, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Mike McAuliffe.
According to police, Barajas wasn't wearing a helmet at the time and alcohol isn't believed to be a factor.
The accident occurred about 7:55 p.m. Wednesday.
A 20-year-old motorcyclist is dead after an accident on South Treadaway Boulevard near the Loop 322 overpass.
Abilene police say the biker was trying to exit onto Treadaway Boulevard when he apparently lost control and struck the guardrail.
The bike ended up in the ditch beside the road.
Police said the victim was the only person on the bike and wasn't wearing a helmet.
The name of the motorcyclist wasn't immediately available.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend