ABILENE, Texas - Police have identified the pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle and killed late Monday night on South 1st Street.
According to Abilene police, 57-year-old John Allen Jones -- described as homeless with family in Amarillo -- died as a result of the accident.
The accident remains under investigation, police say.
A man died on the scene after being hit by a car on South 1st Street.
Authorities have not been able to make a positive identification of the victim at this time.
The driver, a 49-year-old female, was heading westbound on South 1st, when she hit the pedestrian in front of the Alamo Motel on the 2900 block of South 1st at around 10:45 p.m. Monday.
Alcohol or drugs do not seem to be a factor, but the driver agreed to a blood test. We will update you as we learn more.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide