ABILENE, Texas - Police have identified the pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle and killed late Monday night on South 1st Street.
According to Abilene police, 57-year-old John Allen Jones -- described as homeless with family in Amarillo -- died as a result of the accident.
The accident remains under investigation, police say.
A man died on the scene after being hit by a car on South 1st Street.
Authorities have not been able to make a positive identification of the victim at this time.
The driver, a 49-year-old female, was heading westbound on South 1st, when she hit the pedestrian in front of the Alamo Motel on the 2900 block of South 1st at around 10:45 p.m. Monday.
Alcohol or drugs do not seem to be a factor, but the driver agreed to a blood test. We will update you as we learn more.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated