ABILENE, Texas - Police have identified the pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle and killed late Monday night on South 1st Street.
According to Abilene police, 57-year-old John Allen Jones -- described as homeless with family in Amarillo -- died as a result of the accident.
The accident remains under investigation, police say.
A man died on the scene after being hit by a car on South 1st Street.
Authorities have not been able to make a positive identification of the victim at this time.
The driver, a 49-year-old female, was heading westbound on South 1st, when she hit the pedestrian in front of the Alamo Motel on the 2900 block of South 1st at around 10:45 p.m. Monday.
Alcohol or drugs do not seem to be a factor, but the driver agreed to a blood test. We will update you as we learn more.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck