ABILENE, Texas - Police continue to seek information on Friday's murder of a 40-year-old Abilene man on Portland Avenue.
Police say Hijinio Estevan "Stephen" Moreno died from multiple gunshot wounds.
Today, police are seeking witnesses to speak with – anyone who may have seen or heard something the day of the murder.
Moreno's murder was the second of the year and second in less than two weeks.
Jailed in connection with Moreno's death is Randy Vialpando, a 30-year-old man who is charged capital murder, burglary with intent to commit assault and possession of ecstasy.
His wife, Randi, has also been charged with felony possession of marijuana.
Just after 6:30 p.m. Friday, police responded to a call of shots fired in the 400 block of Portland Avenue.
According to the Abilene Police Department, Vialpando drove to Moreno's home and found Vialpando's wife Randi in the house. He then proceeded to force entry and fired multiple gunshots, resulting in Moreno's death, police have said.
He then left the scene and was found during a traffic stop in the 300 block of South Danville at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, police said.
Randy Vialpando's bonds total $230,000. He remains in Taylor County Jail. His wife, Randi, was released was jail after her bond was set at $3,500.
The Abilene Police Department has asked all media outlets to not release mugshots at this time. The investigation is still ongoing and detectives still need to show lineups to witnesses, Sgt. Lynn Beard said in a note to the news media.
KTXS is honoring this request.
Earlier this month, Makayla "Kayla" Bunting, 22, was murdered in Windsor Place Apartments. Chevayae Magic Johnson, 23, shot Bunting, killing her, while she was holding their 2-week-old child, police have said. Johnson remains in Taylor County Jail on a murder charge.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade