PASADENA, Texas - PASADENA, Texas (AP) - Pasadena Police are investigating the death of a toddler who was found unresponsive and bruised at an apartment complex in southeast Texas.
Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says they received a call Saturday afternoon that a 2-year-old boy was not breathing. He said police arrived within two minutes, and found others at the apartment complex attempting to resuscitate the boy. Police are not releasing the toddler's identity.
The Houston Chronicle reports officers also administered CPR, and transferred the child to Bayshore Medical Center. The boy died at the hospital.
Mitchell said investigators found bruises on the toddler's body, but have not yet determined how they got there.
The cause of death will be determined by an autopsy.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend