PASADENA, Texas - PASADENA, Texas (AP) - Pasadena Police are investigating the death of a toddler who was found unresponsive and bruised at an apartment complex in southeast Texas.
Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says they received a call Saturday afternoon that a 2-year-old boy was not breathing. He said police arrived within two minutes, and found others at the apartment complex attempting to resuscitate the boy. Police are not releasing the toddler's identity.
The Houston Chronicle reports officers also administered CPR, and transferred the child to Bayshore Medical Center. The boy died at the hospital.
Mitchell said investigators found bruises on the toddler's body, but have not yet determined how they got there.
The cause of death will be determined by an autopsy.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth