ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have released an image of the man who allegedly robbed Citibank on South 14th Street early Monday afternoon.
The robbery happened around 1 p.m. Monday.
Police are still searching for a suspect.
Police said the suspect is a white man in either his 20s or 30s. He is described as slender and 6 feet tall and said the man was wearing a brown cap and dark suit during the robbery.
Police said pictures of the suspect taken from the side show that he has hair almost to his shoulders. They haven't released whether or not he had a weapon, but said no one was injured.
Police said the man was well-dressed and that is not typical for a robbery.
"I can't recall with my experience the last time someone conducted a robbery in a suit. I'm sure robberies come in all shapes and forms and fashions and this one was unique in that sense I would say," Spindler said.
Police said the man left on foot, they would not comment on how much money was taken.
Officer George Spindler, spokesman for Abilene Police Department said the suspect "looks very well dressed, very calm demeanor, so this may have been a very well orchestrated robbery."
Call Abilene Crimestoppers at 325-676-8477 if you have information about the robbery.
KTXS will bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated