ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police have released the name of a man jailed for assault.
Kenneth Ray Polk is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Polk's alleged victim told police Polk pulled a gun on him inside a parked car at the McDonald's on North 1st Street on Tuesday afternoon.
Police say both men ran off.
Officers said they spotted Polk jumping fences in a nearby neighborhood in the 1000 block of North Willis.
Officers were able to arrest him without incident.
Officers said they heard one shot fired during the chase.
Police believe he had shed an article of clothing and the handgun used in the incident. The handgun was later found.
Police said a preliminary investigation revealed the two men had met to discuss getting a laptop repaired. The victim wanted to meet in public.
However, Polk told police it was a drug deal.
No drugs were recovered.
No one was hurt.
Under Texas law, a suspect can be charged with aggravated assault if they threaten someone with a gun.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital