ABILENE, Texas - A suspicious death that Abilene police investigated on Twin Oaks Drive in south Abilene earlier this month wasn't the result of a criminal offense, a police department release said Friday.
Jerry Wayne Green, 58, was found in his home on Feb. 4.
Here's the information provided by Abilene police:
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's (ME) Office has provided a preliminary autopsy report for the deceased, Mr. Jerry Wayne Green, age 58.
These preliminary findings, with consultation from the ME, suggest that Mr. Green's death did not involve a criminal offense. The report also reveals trauma consistent with multiple falls and that suspicious trauma was not present.
Toxicology reports are pending, as well as a final autopsy report that will summarize the manner and cause of death.
The status of this case remains a Death Investigation and is not expected to change based on these findings.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family