ABILENE, Texas - A suspicious death that Abilene police investigated on Twin Oaks Drive in south Abilene earlier this month wasn't the result of a criminal offense, a police department release said Friday.
Jerry Wayne Green, 58, was found in his home on Feb. 4.
Here's the information provided by Abilene police:
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's (ME) Office has provided a preliminary autopsy report for the deceased, Mr. Jerry Wayne Green, age 58.
These preliminary findings, with consultation from the ME, suggest that Mr. Green's death did not involve a criminal offense. The report also reveals trauma consistent with multiple falls and that suspicious trauma was not present.
Toxicology reports are pending, as well as a final autopsy report that will summarize the manner and cause of death.
The status of this case remains a Death Investigation and is not expected to change based on these findings.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children