ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are searching for a man who attempted – but failed – to rob the BBVA Compass bank in the 1000 block of North 3rd Street early Thursday afternoon.
The man is described as being approximately 50 years old with a beard. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket and escaping in a small, silver car, possibly a hatchback, police said.
Police are continuing to investigate to determine if he was armed at the time of the attempted robbery.
No one was apparently assaulted during the robbery attempt, police said.
The attempted robbery occurred about 1 p.m. Thursday.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested