ABILENE, Texas - The outdoor pools at Dyess Air Force Base will not be opening for the summer.
A press release on the Dyess AFB website said it is because of budget cuts of recreational programs offered by the Force Support Squadron with the Department of Defense.
"We have reviewed numerous options, but unfortunately some services will not be available during the upcoming summer season," said 7th Force Support Squadron command Lt. Col. Naomi Welcome in the press release.
Other recreational programs may be affected as well, including fewer exercise classes and reduced overall services.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget