ABILENE, Texas - A popular Japanese restaurant reopened in south Abilene on Thursday, a day after it was reported federal agents were conducting an investigation into the restaurant's operations.
On Wednesday, Carl Rusnok with the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement office said federal agents are conducting an investigation into Bonzai Japanese Steak House .
It remained unclear Thursday why the agents were involved in a probe of the business.
ICE along with other federal agencies are investigating. Rusnok declined to say why Bonzai under investigation.
The restaurant was temporarily ordered to close.
Abilene Police assisted the federal agents with their investigation.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims