ABILENE, Texas - A popular Japanese restaurant reopened in south Abilene on Thursday, a day after it was reported federal agents were conducting an investigation into the restaurant's operations.
On Wednesday, Carl Rusnok with the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement office said federal agents are conducting an investigation into Bonzai Japanese Steak House .
It remained unclear Thursday why the agents were involved in a probe of the business.
ICE along with other federal agencies are investigating. Rusnok declined to say why Bonzai under investigation.
The restaurant was temporarily ordered to close.
Abilene Police assisted the federal agents with their investigation.
- Updated Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer