ABILENE, Texas - A popular Japanese restaurant reopened in south Abilene on Thursday, a day after it was reported federal agents were conducting an investigation into the restaurant's operations.
On Wednesday, Carl Rusnok with the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement office said federal agents are conducting an investigation into Bonzai Japanese Steak House .
It remained unclear Thursday why the agents were involved in a probe of the business.
ICE along with other federal agencies are investigating. Rusnok declined to say why Bonzai under investigation.
The restaurant was temporarily ordered to close.
Abilene Police assisted the federal agents with their investigation.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger