ABILENE, Texas - KC the bobcat unexpectedly died at the Abilene Zoo.
The zoo's veterinarian says the bobcat most likely died from a bladder rupture that was caused by a urinary tract obstruction. The doctor says this is a common emergency occurrence in cats.
KC lived at the zoo since August 2010. He was originally found as a kitten with a viral infection. He was treated at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Oklahoma, but was the only bobcat to survive from his litter.
Because he was raised by humans, he was unable to return to the wild.
Abilene Zoo officials are not sure if and when they will find a replacement for KC's exhibit.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot