ABILENE, Texas - A woman's body was found late Wednesday at Lake Kirby.
Details remain sketchy, but police are involved in a death investigation. It is unclear if foul play was involved.
"We're going to treat this as a homicide until we can prove differently," said Sgt. Lynn Beard of the Abilene Police Department.
The victim was last seen alive at Lake Kirby around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The body was discovered at approximately 9:20 p.m. on the shores of the lake. A justice of the peace arrived after the body was found..
An autopsy is being conducted.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill