ABILENE, Texas - A woman's body was found late Wednesday at Lake Kirby.
Details remain sketchy, but police are involved in a death investigation. It is unclear if foul play was involved.
"We're going to treat this as a homicide until we can prove differently," said Sgt. Lynn Beard of the Abilene Police Department.
The victim was last seen alive at Lake Kirby around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The body was discovered at approximately 9:20 p.m. on the shores of the lake. A justice of the peace arrived after the body was found..
An autopsy is being conducted.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth