ABILENE, Texas - A woman's body was found late Wednesday at Lake Kirby.
Details remain sketchy, but police are involved in a death investigation. It is unclear if foul play was involved.
"We're going to treat this as a homicide until we can prove differently," said Sgt. Lynn Beard of the Abilene Police Department.
The victim was last seen alive at Lake Kirby around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The body was discovered at approximately 9:20 p.m. on the shores of the lake. A justice of the peace arrived after the body was found..
An autopsy is being conducted.
KTXS will provide more details as they become available.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her