ABILENE, Texas - On Saturday, letters carriers in the Big Country and all around the nation will help to stamp out hunger.
This is the country's largest single day food drive.
All you have to do is leave a sturdy bag with non-perishable food by your mailbox on Saturday, May 11th. The food will then be taken to local food banks.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture , more than 50 million Americans struggle with hunger, including 17 million children.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills