ABILENE, Texas - On Saturday, letters carriers in the Big Country and all around the nation will help to stamp out hunger.
This is the country's largest single day food drive.
All you have to do is leave a sturdy bag with non-perishable food by your mailbox on Saturday, May 11th. The food will then be taken to local food banks.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture , more than 50 million Americans struggle with hunger, including 17 million children.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon