POTOSI, Texas - The Potosi Fire Department held a block party and fundraiser for its firefighters Saturday.
After last week's wildfire at Camp Barkeley, the city of Potosi took the day to celebrate their fire department on Idle Creek Trail while raising funds for a new facility and equipment.
Attendants chowed down and got a close-up look at all the firefighters' equipment. There is a need for new equipment because the recent wildfire took a toll on the volunteer fire department's trucks and hand tools.
Capt. David Sprayberry said it marked the first of four block parties to be organized.
"Our objective is to just get out and meet the people in our different neighborhoods, let them share our equipment and what we do and to raise some awareness with them about our need for a new fire station," Sprayberry said.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught