ABILENE, Texas - A problem with the KTXS transmitter is preventing over-the-air viewers, and DirecTV from watching ABC programming, and other broadcasts. Dish Network and cable viewers have not been affected.
KTXS is currently broadcasting on a backup generator at low power. The problem is with a metering circuit that is interrupting power to the generator. The replacement circuit is expected to arrive and be installed tomorrow, solving the problem.
Most cable providers receive KTXS' signal directly, bypassing the transmitter.
KTXS staff and management regrets that viewers were unable to watch their favorite shows on Monday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9