CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - A half-brother of President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak at a one- day convention put on by Yisrayl Hawkins on Friday.
Hawkins is head of the reclusive religious group House of Yahweh, which has a compound in Callahan County, just east of Abilene.
This isn't the first time that Malik Obama, who shares a father with Barack, has spoken at the compound. In April of 2013, he also spoke at the one-day Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.
The one-day convention, according to its website, is an effort to improve morality worldwide.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances