CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - A half-brother of President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak at a one- day convention put on by Yisrayl Hawkins on Friday.
Hawkins is head of the reclusive religious group House of Yahweh, which has a compound in Callahan County, just east of Abilene.
This isn't the first time that Malik Obama, who shares a father with Barack, has spoken at the compound. In April of 2013, he also spoke at the one-day Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.
The one-day convention, according to its website, is an effort to improve morality worldwide.
- Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits