CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas - A half-brother of President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak at a one- day convention put on by Yisrayl Hawkins on Friday.
Hawkins is head of the reclusive religious group House of Yahweh, which has a compound in Callahan County, just east of Abilene.
This isn't the first time that Malik Obama, who shares a father with Barack, has spoken at the compound. In April of 2013, he also spoke at the one-day Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.
The one-day convention, according to its website, is an effort to improve morality worldwide.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill